Things to do in the Jubilee Year
In calling for the Jubilee Year, Pope Francis is encouraging the faithful to know the face of God's mercy — Jesus Christ Incarnate — and to show that face of mercy to our friends and neighbors (as well as our enemies!).
To that end, we have prepared for you a to-do list for the upcoming Jubilee:
- Forgive those who have hurt you or have done you wrong. If possible, consider forgiving debts owed you and/or returning collateral.
- Go to Confession regularly — monthly or even weekly.
- Read and meditate on the Sacred Scriptures, especially the Gospel of Luke.
- Perform one or more works of mercy every day.
- Go on a pilgrimage.
- Share the Good News of God's mercy through your words and good deeds.
- Celebrate Divine Mercy Sunday in your parish, receiving Communion in the state of grace in order to receive the "clean slate grace."
- Place the Divine Mercy Image in a prominent place in your home and venerate it daily.
- Offer a novena of chaplets for the intentions Jesus gave St. Faustina in the nine days preceding Divine Mercy Sunday (see pp. ___).
- Pray the Chaplet of Divine Mercy daily, imploring mercy "on us, and on the whole world."
- Make the Stations of the Cross regularly, especially at 3 p.m., the Hour of Great Mercy.
- Read Divine Mercy in My Soul — Diary of Saint Maria Faustina Kowalska.
- Fulfill the conditions for plenary indulgences and offer those indulgences for the Holy Souls in Purgatory.
- Resolve to learn more about some saints who are outstanding for receiving mercy or showing God's mercy to those around them.