Frequently Asked Questions

Experts answer questions based on Church teachings, the Bible, and more.


Q. I am Catholic, but I cannot receive Holy Communion because I'm divorced and remarried outside the Catholic Church. Can I receive the graces of Divine Mercy Sunday?

A. If at present you cannot generally receive the Sacraments in the Catholic Church because of your marital circumstances, you would also not be permitted to receive Holy Communion on Divine Mercy Sunday until you rectify your situation through the pastoral offices of the Church.

Our Lord said to St. Faustina: The graces of My mercy are drawn by means of one vessel only, and that is trust. The more a soul trusts, the more it will receive. Souls that trust boundlessly are a great comfort to Me, because I pour all the treasures of My graces into them. I rejoice that they ask for much, because it is My desire to give much, very much (Diary 1578).

With this in mind, you can participate in the celebration of Divine Mercy Sunday by making a Spiritual Communion, with great trust. God will give you all the graces that He sees that you need because of your great trust.

Suggested Reading:
Spiritual Communion

Return to questions.