If You Can't Receive the Eucharist

Does remarriage outside the Church keep you from receiving graces?


What happens when someone is Catholic, but cannot receive Holy Communion due to divorce and remarriage outside the Catholic Church? Can they receive the graces of Divine Mercy Sunday? 

If at present you cannot receive the Sacraments in the Catholic Church because of your marital circumstances, and you are not able to receive Holy Communion on Divine Mercy Sunday, strive to receive Spiritual Communion. Ask the Lord to be merciful to you and long to receive Him into your heart.

Our Lord said to St. Faustina: The graces of My mercy are drawn by means of one vessel only, and that is trust. The more a soul trusts, the more it will receive. Souls that trust boundlessly are a great comfort to Me, because I pour all the treasures of My graces into them. I rejoice that they ask for much, because it is My desire to give much, very much (Diary, 1578).

With this in mind, you can participate in the celebration of Divine Mercy Sunday by making a Spiritual Communion, with great trust. God will give you all the graces that He sees that you need because of your great trust.


Act of Spiritual Communion

My Jesus, I believe that You are present in the Blessed Sacrament. 
I love You above all things and I desire You in my soul.
Since I cannot now receive You sacramentally, 
come at least spiritually into my heart. 
As though You were already there,
I embrace You and unite myself to You;
permit not that I should ever be separated from You.